|PLANNING YOUR EVENT
Welcome to the world of event function planning at Maestro's on the Beach.
We cater for:
1. End of year company parties, company events, product launches, presentations, conferences etc.
3. Birthday parties
6. And almost any other reason you can think of to have a party / special event.
A: Firstly be brave and realistic. Everybody wants the Rolls Royce version for next to nothing. What you want and what you need are often two different realities. What you need is an affordable reality which will achieve the required effect, what you want is sometimes a fantasy not available for financial reasons. Always remember the following quote; "The bitterness of poor quality is remembered long after the joy of a cheap buy".
B: Count your number of guests carefully and work out your budget. Rather have a smaller function so that you can spend more money per person and have a quality memorable function, than try and invite the whole world and feed them on R60 - R70 per head. Remember a burger in todays world costs approximately R60, and a steak roll approximately R80, a pizza +- R75. Long gone are the days of cheap food. We are experts in planning functions. Let our experienced staff help you and guide you through this complicated experience of planning your function and make your function a total success so that every one of your guests will rave about it for years to come. The last thing you want is for your function to look cheap and nasty and your guests talking behind your back of the unpleasant experience and terrible food they had to endure. In other words you have wasted your money and your function is a flop (disaster). We have a selection of tried and tested menu's available. Please choose one which will be suitable for your needs. Note: set menu's are for groups of 10 to a max of 40 people; buffet menu's are for groups of 41 people and upwards. There is a range of set menu's and buffet menu's to choose from.
We do not have an MJC Halaal Certificate as we have two bars which serve alcohol and therefore do not qualify for the Halaal certificate. However we must point out that we buy our meat in from Halaal suppliers and have seperate cooking facilities to accomodate the requirements of our moderate Muslim guests. We make food for a huge variety of Corporate South African companies. Our reference list is large, Companies such as Foschini, Pick n Pay, MTN, ABSA bank, Standard Bank and Caltex, Vodacom, Total Sports, Telkom to name but a few. All of these have substantial numbers of Muslim staff who have all been happy to dine at Maestro's. We do not permit outside caterers to supply seperate food as we consider that a discriminatory practice which we do not allow. For further indepth discussion regarding our Halaal please feel free to contact Mark Tarica (CEO) on 021 551 4992 or 082 573 4455. A kitchen inspection is available by arrangement and all invoices and telephone numbers of our suppliers can be supplied to prove the purchase of Halaal ingredients prior to the function. We do not lie, crook or cheat in any way. Honesty is our policy as we have a huge Muslim client base and we respect their wishes wherever possible. We cannot please all of the people all of the time, but we do please most of the people most of the time.
We are a fully licensed venue and supply a wide range of spirits, liqueurs, beers, wines and soft drinks. Please refer to our a la carte menu beverage section for details which can be found at the end of the a la carte menu. Enjoying alcoholic beverages is a wonderful way to liven up your party. However, owing to some unpleasant experiences we have had over the years, we have had to implement some clear definitions. i.e. rules and regulations. WE ENCOURAGE SENSIBLE SOCIAL DRINKING IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE LAW.
1. OPEN BAR POLICY: We allow an open bar policy to be implemented should you desire (if you are wanting to be extremely generous to your guests!).
2. CASH BAR POLICY: We DO NOT ALLOW cash bars in general. However we expect the organiser to incorporate into their function at least 3 pre-paid drinks per guest - soft drinks, wines, beers or ciders. This alleviates massive crushes at the bars and allows our waiters to serve drinks in an orderly manner in the initial stage of the party. We allow you to stipulate a limit you wish to put aside at the bar in order to accomodate the first 3 rounds. We keep you informed as to the amount spent as the event progresses. Once your limit has been reached, we then allow a cash bar. The minimum amount for the limit is on average R50.00 per person attending the function.
3. We reserve the right to shut down an event at any time should any patron become unruly, drunk, abusive, violent or engage in unacceptible behaviour. The Duty Manager's decision is final. The police will be called in the event of an argument.
4. Any damage to any part of the restaurant or property of the restaurant will be charged to the organiser of the event.
5. We DO NOT ALLOW alcohol to be brought on to the premises for events (parties) as we are fully licensed. Do not even ask - the answer is NO!
6. There are 28 colour cameras monitoring the restaurant at all times to ensure the safety off the patrons and bars.
E. Additional Information
1. A mandatory 10% will be added for waiter service.
2. The venue will be at your disposal until 01h00, should you wish to stay longer an additional charge of R1000 per hour will be levied. Alternatively should there be a minimum of 10 guests remaining last rounds will be called and the bar closed.
3. Please note we have a 04h00 liquor license but our general policy is to close the bar at 1am in order to avoid excessive drunkedness. The venue will close under normal circumstances at 2.30 am.
4. Maestro's on the Beach supplies venue, tables, cutlery, crockery, staff, food and liquor should you require any form of additional decoration i.e. flowers, table cloths etc please enquire with our co-ordinating staff.
Dancing is lots of fun and generally speaking very loud and very noisy, in order for you to have bands or DJ's you are expected to book the entire restaurant for your function (Please refer to our exclusivity policy below).
G. Exclusivity Policy
The exclusivity price is determined by which day of the week and which month of the year you wish to hold your function i.e. should you want to book on a Friday night in the middle of December (high season) the price will be substantially higher than should you wish to book on a Monday night in June (low season). This price will be given to you upon application.
H. Payment Policy
All functions are to be paid for with cash, credit card or bank guaranteed cheque.
VISA, Mastercard, American Express and Diners Club cards are accepted.
Should you require credit you must apply for a credit application form from the restaurant at least 30 days prior to your function.
I. Cancellation and Booking Policy
We expect a deposit of 50% to be paid on confirmation of the booking.
A 25% cancellation fee will be levied if the event is cancelled 30 days prior to the event.
A 50% cancellation fee will be levied if the event is cancelled 15 days prior to the event.
A 100% cancellation fee will be levied if the event is cancelled 1 day before or on the day of the event.
All cancellations must be in writing, and have been received by the restaurant.
J. Risk / Damages / Loss
Maestro's on the Beach will not be liable for interruption of service (water, electricity, sanitary services). Whilst every precaution will be taken to ensure the safe-guarding of your belongings, Maestro's on the Beach will not be liable for loss or damage to any property whatsoever (decor, gifts, valuables, etc...). We recommend that all personal and valuable property be removed directly after the function.
Should any part of the interior or exterior of the property be damaged during setup, duration or breakdown of the function, the client will be liable for all charges including legal costs to repair the damages. All damages will be determined and listed by the restaurant and under no circumstances will any arguements from the client be entertained.
Maestro's on the Beach and its employees or any person employed at any function will not be held liable for any loss, or injury to persons, due to negligence or any other causes what-so-ever.
"Maestro's on the Beach" reserve the right to amend or change these rules and regulations at anytime and without notice verbally or in writing.
K. Making a Booking
Please note, we DO NOT make provisional bookings as we get a large numbers of enquiries and our reservation book then would be full of unconfirmed bookings which could obstruct someone like you wishing to make a confirmed booking.
In order to make a booking, we need to have a face-to-face consultation at the restaurant regarding the finer details of your event. Once we are all in agreement you will be given a booking form which must be filled in and signed by you. Upon receipt of the completed booking form our Function Department will open a file and your event will be entered into our reservation book.
Prices, menu & website content subject to change at anytime without written or verbal notification at management's discretion.
NOW CLICK ON FUNCTION MENU'S BELOW TO VIEW THE SELECTION OF MENUS AVAILABLE.
PLEASE NOTE: THESE ARE THE ONLY MENUS AVAILABLE!